As Founder & Chairman of Knightstone, David actively shapes the corporate vision for the company tapping decades of real-estate experience. Working closely with the executive team, David advises and guides the ongoing management and growth of Knightstone’s diverse portfolio.
David began his career in real estate in 1987 on the brokerage side of the industry. Over the subsequent decade, he was actively involved in a wide variety of real estate transactions and gained extensive experience in the industry. Prior to founding Knightstone, David held the position of Vice President at a Toronto based private real-estate investment firm, growing its portfolio of retail, multi-residential, and office developments in Canada and the United States.
David founded Knightstone in 2001, and in the ensuing years, his personal touch – the product of his many years of hands-on experience – proved to be perfectly suited to a “boutique” real estate company. Under his watchful guidance, Knightstone has quickly emerged as a national leader in the field of real estate development and investment and has gained a reputation for quality assets and consistent results.
David is actively involved in many community initiatives including:
- 2017 – 2025: Member of the Board of Directors of Canadian Blood Services
- 2017 – 2021: Chair, McGill University Faculty of Arts, Advisory Board
- 2010 – 2019: Sponsor of the Writers’ Trust Matt Cohen Award ‘In Celebration of a Writing Life’
- 2011 – 2017: Board of Directors of the Writers’ Trust of Canada
- 2012 – 2014: National Co Chair of For All Canadians public Cord Blood Bank Campaign at Canadian Blood Services
- 2007 – 2008: Co-Chair of the National Advisory Committee for Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Awareness at Canadian Blood Services, One Match